Welcome to the Spring Fling Blog Hop! 1st Grand Prize – Paperwhite Kindle. 2nd Grand Prize – $25 Amazon Gift Card. Good luck!
Let’s be honest, Spring has its goods and its bads. It’s the season for romance and allergies. Winter clothing clearance and colorful posies. Renewal and the ticking-clock approach of …(horror movie music here)…swimsuit season.
I don’t know about you, but my winter hibernation weight doesn’t care that it’s Spring—sometimes clinging all the way into Summer, making that bikini tough to put on. The string of holidays just do me in. Okay, it might be my inability to resist pecan pie, fudge, New Year’s Eve boatload of snacks, and V-Day chocolate. I need to blame something. But I’d prefer not to scare people when I go to the lake or the beach, so I’m thinking up ways to get rid of the extra poundage while enjoying Spring. Here’s the best five I’ve come up with so far:
1. Take the dog for a run instead of clomping it out on the treadmill. The scent of freshly mown grass, the bright array of blooming flowers, the fresh, crisp air on my face…Spring almost makes running not suck. I said almost.
2. Dance in the rain. Which would be another fantastic way for me to scare people. I’ve got the “Elaine” dance (from Seinfeld) down. Ever see a nerd hit it on the dance floor? I didn’t think so.
3. Chase birds and/or set booby traps. There’s this annoying bird that torments me come Spring. As soon as dawn breaks, it’s yapping its beak. Right. Outside. My. Window. Mornings and me don’t mesh. This year, the bird’s going down.
4. Train my cat to go for a walk. It can be done. Probably get a great arm workout too while the cat’s flailing like a maniac on its harness.
5. Weed instead of watching Supernatural reruns and noshing on Cheez-Its. The army of weeds has been taunting me. Time to armor up with my iPod, rubber gloves, and clippers and do battle. Maybe my back will survive, but if I’m defeated, there’s always the new season of Game of Thrones to watch while lying flat on the floor.
What do you do to burn off the cold-season hibernation pounds?
Rules, rules, rules…for your chance to win , stop by one of the participating blog hop stops and comment with your email address (March 7-11, 2013). Each hop has its own prize, but to increase your chance of winning the Grand Prize visit EACH blog and comment. The Grand Prize winners will be chosen at random and notified no later than March 15, 2014. I’d love to give Wonderfully Wicked as my blog hop prize, but since it won’t be available until May 13 (mark it on your calendar – or better pre-order, I won’t mind :)), I have to go with an extra-special-something-else: your choice of $10 gift certificate to iTunes (for tunes to inspire a killer workout), Starbucks (for that skinny, sugar free latte, of course), or Amazon (sure, you want it for a healthy cookbook. I believe you).
This is a blog hop, so share the love!