I know it’s not quite summer yet, but it’s never to early to pretend that it is, right?
Drag out your floppy hat, strappy sandals, and sunscreen. Don your bikini, shades, and grab a frosty beverage, cuz there’s a party going on right now! But don’t bring a beach read with you. Instead, win a book or two at The Romance Reviews Sizzling Summer Reads party. There’s a $100 gift certificate grand prize, not to mention four weeks of giveaways – lots of books and other prizes – and games galore. The prizes change every week, so don’t miss out. Especially week four, ahem. I’m giving away a copy of Wonderfully Wicked. But if you’re not feeling lucky and/or don’t want to wait, Wonderfully Wicked is on sale right now for 99 cents. That’s 99 pennies, people! Plus, you’d be saving $3 of your hard-earned cash.
Contest Mechanics — click here to see all prizes
Want to be eligible to win the Grand Prize of $100 Gift Certificate — click here to see all prizes, and other major prizes? Here’s how.
- The Objective!
- Match up all the book covers in the Matching Covers Game below. If you complete it, that’s 1 chance. Play and complete the Matching Covers Game everyday, and that will give you maximum of 30 chances to win any of the major prizes.
- Each player starts the game with 10 clicks (number of times to open the covers).
- Get More Clicks (chances)!
- Each correct Q&A you answer gives you 2 additional clicks.
- The more Q&A you answer, the more clicks you have to match all the covers.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again.
- Click on the “Reset” button, and the number of clicks you earned will be restored and you can try again to complete a new Matching Covers Game.
Weekly Prizes — click here to see all prizes
Over 100 prizes each week!
How to increase your chances of winning?
- Tip: Rack up your points!
- How to accumulate points:
- Answer the questions correctly – 10 points and x2 multiplier each (You start off with x1 multiplier.)
- Visit the featured books to read more – 5 points each
- Chat with authors in our Books and Authors pages to join in the discussion or to start one yourself! (Tabs are located on the menu bar above for each of Romance, Erotic and GLBT.) – 1 point each
- Illustration and Calculation of points:Assume you made 2 visits that week to play the game.
Day 1 Points 7 correct answers = 70 points x 15multiplier 1050 points Click on 1 featured book = 5 points x 15 multiplier 75 points 2 comments = 2 points x 15 multiplier 30 points Day 1 total points 1155 points Week 1 Points Day 1 total points 1155 points Day 2 total points (assume you get 2300 points) 2300 points Week 1 total points 3455 points
- Tip: It is very important to get the correct answers to the questions to get a high multiplier.
- Each week, we have more than 100 prizes to give away!
- Tip: Rack up your points!
So, what are you waiting for? Go and play!
For questions, email carole @ theromancereviews.com